teammac, located in Austin, Texas, is a team of 30 dedicated runners.
They focus on both a fall marathon and a spring marathon, and spring training always includes a program for Boston each year. During the summer, they spend time on the track, working on getting faster and they change up their competition schedule by competing at track meets. Members of the team have different distance specialities from 5K to ultra marathons.
While running may be a solitary sport in many ways, participating in teammac is a collective experience.
teammac members compete on teams in road races and relays throughout the year. They have team parties, annual awards, and often you can find them all together after Saturday long runs, enjoying breakfast at a local restaurant.
teammac is named after Coach Mac Allen. Mac coaches individuals in distances from 800 meters to the ultra marathon, including training on the track, roads, water running, grass/barefoot running, core fitness, form analysis, daily workout plans and internet coaching.
Mac has over 15 years of coaching experience for Jeff Galloway Marathon Training, RunTex, Rogue Running, Aspen Hill (Md.) Club.
Coach Mac also has an extensive personal racing history:
- Bronze Medal 8K, USA cross country team, 2009 World Masters Championships, Finland, 29:10
- 7th Master and 77th overall finisher in 2004 Boston Marathon, 2:43:26
- Bronze Medal 8K, USA cross country team, 2003 World Masters Championships, Puerto Rico, 29:30
- 1st Master. 2001 Congress Avenue Mile, 4:32
- 1st Master, 1999 Athens Greece Marathon, 2:49:23
- Guide for blind runner William Covington, 1996 US Paralympic Track and Field team
- Masters Track All-American
- Hundreds of indoor/outdoor track races and relays, trail and cross country events, and road races including over 30 marathons
- http://www.athlinks.com/myresultsadv.aspx?rid=55934781 for Coach Mac’s race results